ALPS CONCERT TOUR
We are honored to have Aimee Stewart as our guest conductor on tour. Aimee Stewart is the Founder and Artistic Director of the Chandler Children’s Choir, now in its 14th season. As a youth, she sang with the Salt Lake Children’s Choir, studied voice and violin, and performed in a string quartet for several years. Mrs. Stewart earned her bachelor’s degree in Elementary Education from Brigham Young University. She has sung in the Phoenix Symphony Chorus, Roanoke Symphony Chorus, Connecticut Master Chorale and Utah Baroque Ensemble, and studied conducting with Dr. Jana Minov.
Since 2008, the CCC has grown into a highly respected youth community choral organization. In connection with her work with CCC, she was a 2012 nominee for the Governor’s Arts Award in Arizona for entrepreneurism in the arts. She also was recognized as a 2014 nominee for the Beth McDonald Woman of the Year award for her work in the community and in April 2019, she received recognition as one of the influential Women in Chandler from Chandler Lifestyle Magazine. In March of 2020, CCC was honored to perform as a chosen ensemble at the Western Region ACDA conference.
In addition to her work with CCC, Mrs. Stewart is the Choir Director at Tempe Preparatory Academy High School and a frequent adjudicator for local festivals. She chaired and then conducted the Tempe South Stake community Messiah Sing-Along in 2018-2019. She has served in a variety of leadership roles with the Arizona American Choral Directors Association and recently finished serving as the President of the Arizona ACDA. Mrs. Stewart’s hobbies include reading, hiking, and skiing with her husband, Adam, and their four children.
- Nine (9) nights’ accommodation in tourist-class hotels in double-bedded, non-smoking rooms with private facilities (single-bedded rooms are available for a surcharge on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Eight (8) full days of touring and transfers by deluxe air-conditioned motorcoach while in Europe
- Concert arrangements and publicity
- Nine (9) buffet breakfasts (daily)
- Four (4) native dinners
- Full-time tour manager to accompany and provide commentary and assistance while touring in Europe
- Step-on city tour guides as needed
- Admissions to all stated attractions (attractions listed in the itinerary as “optional” are not included)
- Performances as indicated
- All sheet music (physical copies) as required by our guest conductor
- Concert scarf (women) + tie (men) for each performer
- Liability insurance
- Airfare between your home and Zurich, Switzerland
- Beverages with main meals (estimate $3 per day, even for water)
- Gratuities to tour manager and bus driver (industry standard is $5 and $4 per person, per day, respectively)
- Items listed in the itinerary as optional
- Travel / baggage / cancellation insurance
- 3-ring black binder for sheet music
- Performance attire (to be all black, head to toe)
- Alternate Travelers: we recommend having someone you know who can be ready to travel (including having a current passport) in case of an unexpected cancellation on your end. This will help you avoid any cancellation fees.
- Travel Insurance: we recommend the individual purchase of travel insurance.